hi i just had cervical neck surgery a week and a half ago. how can i clean my incision? i have some dried blood and would like to clean it.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Tracy Berg
31 years experience General Surgery
Post surgery care: Check with your surgery team, and make sure you have a post operative appointment set up. In general washing the area with warm warm and gentle soap is approved. Then use a hairdryer to the area of the incision. If you have redness, drainage, fever or vomiting call your doc right away.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013
Dr. Edward Hellman
28 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Depends: In my patients who have cervical spinal surgery, I use resorb able sutures and derma bond glue to close the incision. You can then use soap and water or hydrogen peroxide or an alcohol swab to clean the incision. You probably should check with your surgeon. Thank you for your question.
Answered on Jan 27, 2013