is the lynx reflux management system a good alternative to the nissin procedure?

Dr. Shari Jackson
20 years experience Radiology
One disadvantage: I'll defer to someone else on whether the linx is generally a good alternative to the nissen fundoplication, one note of caution: people who have the linx device cannot have an mri. Mri is becoming ever more common for imaging, as there is no radiation and great soft tissue detail. This could potentially limit the ability to diagnose medical problems in the future.
Answered on Mar 12, 2013
1
1
Dr. Mark Gujer
Dr. Mark Gujer commented
25 years experience Anesthesiology
There are only about 700 people in the database at this point. It does completely encapsulate once it has healed in around the esophagus. That said for now I think MRI is a absolute contraindication. I do however find the accidental Pacer/MRI data interesting with respect to how we treat this with one brushstroke.
Mar 6, 2013