Canada

I'm going to india on feb 2. my doctor perscribed mefloquine for me to take. but i have a tooth ache. another doctor perscribed amoxicillin be taken. which one should i take?

Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Fix it: Don't travel w/ a tooth ache. Once you get on a plane, the pressure changes can increase the severity of the pain. Get the diagnosis of the pains cause, and have it treated before you go to india! you don't want your trip ruined by neglecting to see a dentist. I highly recommend an endodontist!
Dr. Sonja Garden
Dentistry 29 years experience
Ok: The Mefloquine is an anti malaria drug. Amoxicillin is for the tooth ache infection. If possible try to fix your tooth problem before you go on your trip.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Don't wait!: Make sure you get a complete and thorough dental examination as soon as possible. Then make sure that you get whatever dental treatment is necessary to prevent a flare-up or dental emergency while you are away. If that happens, you will not be a happy camper trying to find a competent dentist to treat you. Don't rely on medications alone. When you get back, complete the rest of your treatment.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
It is always better to avoid an emergency while in a foreign in country, so take care of your dental problems now with a dentist that you trust and are comfortable with.
Nov 22, 2013

Last updated Oct 4, 2016