GA

I have borderline lymphoma, therefore my spleen is enlarged. i recently had a colonoscopy done and the doctor was only able to go 20 cm. was it due to the spleen?

Dr. Julio Hajdenberg
Hematology and Oncology 32 years experience
Not enough info but: It isn't very likely that an enlarged spleen would impede the advancement of a colonoscope only after 20cms. There is no "borderline" lymphoma", but some are not very aggressive.
Dr. Devon Webster
Medical Oncology 23 years experience
Possibly: What a great question! if you look at the picture, the red thing is a normal size spleen. A really big spleen can fill the space between your ribs and your pelvic bone on the left. Now look at where the colon goes, starting from where they put the scope in. It goes up the left side and then makes a 90 degree turn right where your spleen is! so i think you're on to something!
Dr. Stephen Archer
- Select Specialities - 31 years experience
No: Your spleen is well beyond 20cm.

Last updated May 3, 2016