is there a correlation between bad eye sight and being bad at math?

Dr. Alan Jackson
Addiction Medicine 30 years experience
No: It is definitely easier to do math if you can see what you are doing.

What could I do I have a bad eye sight, to reverse it?

Dr. Tal Raviv
Dr. Tal Raviv answered
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Depends: If you bad eye sight is correctable to 20/20 with glasses then laser vision correction may be an option. If it is not correctable, you should get a diagnosis for the underlying problem whether it be in the cornea, lens, or retina - then you can treat appropriately.

What causes bad eye sight?

Dr. Robert Golenbock
Asymmetrical eyeball: To see well, in the absence of disease or abnormality of the eye and its components, your eyeball needs to be round and your cornea needs to be smooth. If your eyeball is taller or shorter than it is long or if your cornea is not smooth, your vision will be affected and you will need corrective lenses.

What is the requirement for someone be considered to have bad eye sight?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Varies: In most locations 20/200 is the limit of legal blindness. Bad eyesight however, is any lowered vision which prevents someone from doing a task visually that is important to them.

Is having bad eye sight hereditary?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
How can I help?: By bad eyesight, do you mean that you see well only with glasses or contacts, or that you do not see well despite glasses or contacts? Each is treated very differently. I suggest you see an eye doctor, who will perform a full dilated examination as well as check your best potential vision. You can then discuss ways to improve your vision to its best potential.

I have bad eye sight. Power - 4.5 in both eyes. What should I do ? Also does regular laptop use degrade your eye sight ?

Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology 34 years experience
Wear glasses: Or contacts. Using a computer will not damage your eyes.