If you press the lumps in breast, they are painful but they are painless if they are not pressed. is that the symptom of breast cancer?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 25 years experience
No, it is likely not: It is normal to have some discomfort when you press the breast- off course depending on how hard you press them. It is not symptom of cancer. You wrote " lumps in the breast". Lump can be benign/cancerous. A "lumpy-bumpy" breast can be seen in the case of fibrocyctic disease- and in this case--your breasts can be tender even without pressing them. Go to see your md to have your breast checked.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Chevies Newman
Get your mammograms: Asmammograms as the recommended times but breast tenderness, with compression is not a sign of breast cancer. It usually does not present with pain. Gd luc.