Naples, FL

how often should the dentist himself actually see me? my new dentist saw me only on my 1st visit, but not the 6-mo prophy nor the 3rd that 1st yr.

Dr. John Van der Werff
Dentistry 39 years experience
Once a year: You may see different answers but i see my patients at least once a year.
Dr. David Eidman
Dentistry 37 years experience
At least once per year. I prefer to see my patients twice a year. And, of course, if my hygienist thinks I need to take a look at something.
Jan 20, 2013
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry 43 years experience
At least once/year: When i see a new patient, i will perform the initial set of examinations, take a full set of radiographs (x-rays) and take photographs of every tooth and then set an appointment where i review all of the examination information with the patient and basically give them a "walking tour" and printed "road map" of their mouth and treatment options. If they need treatment, we will set the appointment.
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry 43 years experience
Do you need to see?: I personally like to see my patients whenever they come in for their 6 month appointments. Every one of them. That being said if someone is on a 3 or 4 month recall, then I may not see them unless requested by the patient or the hygienist. But I usually try to say HI. Every office is different, but if you didn't need to have the dentist in to check, then you are probably in good shape.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
That's Surprising...: It is your dentist who is responsible for monitoring your teeth, gums, restorations, and prosthetics. Without examining you and reviewing your health history and medications, that's difficult to do, don't you think? Please draw your own conclusions and discuss your concerns with the dentist.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Each appointment: After the dental hygienist completes his/her portion of the appointment, the dentist will usually come in and inspect your teeth and give his/her recommendations.
Dr. Stephen Enriquez
Addiction Medicine 33 years experience
The exam should also evaluate for oral cancer along with possible decay and periodontal disease.
May 25, 2015