Forest City, NC

What are the chances of getting chicken pox twice in alifetime. they just diagnosed my 15 year old.i could've swore he had them when he was small.

Dr. Scott Diede
It can happen: I can't quote you a number, but it is possible for someone to get chicken pox twice. In an otherwise healthy individual, it does not mean anything negative for their health. There is also always the possibility of someone getting misdiagnosed during one of the episodes of rash.
Dr. Oscar Novick
Chicken pox twice: Chicken pox is a one time only disease.Chances are that they may have been misdiagnosed the first time around.

Last updated Jul 18, 2013