How do i get rid of really bad gas - it's embarrasing and my boyfriend is coming over for the night?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Danny Proffitt answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Simethicone: Get a produce containing simethicone. This will break up the gas and help to relieve your condition. Try to avoid foods that cause gas for you. High carbohydrate food especially simple sugars will ferment and give you lots of gas. Beano, mylicon gas, mylanta gas, phazyme products and many others are examples of anti-gas medications. No hot air here, just passing on to you. What a gas!

Answered 3/9/2013

6.2k views

Dr. Shaban Faruqui answered

Specializes in Gastroenterology

Dietary restrictions: Bothersome gas is generally treated with dietary measures, lifestyle modifications or over-the-counter medications. Reducing or eliminating the following dietary factors may improve gas symptoms: High-fiber foods that can cause gas include beans, onions, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, artichokes, asparagus, pears, apples, peaches, prunes, whole wheat and bran. Sugar sub. -----

Answered 12/5/2019

119 views