how come some babies giggle more than others? my baby is 6 months and is always smiling and babbling but giggling .. not so much.. is this normal?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
49 years experience Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
She may just have: A quiet temperament. She should be able to laugh out loud, blow "raspberries" (" bronx cheer"), fake a cough, & babble strings of consonant-vowel sounds. Look for reciprocal social communication (mimicking your sounds while you're looking at each other), raising her arms to be picked up, the ability to learn behaviors, & stranger anxiety.See the healthy child section at aap.Org. Or firstsigns.Org.
Answered on Jan 17, 2013