what does it mean to have eye floaters and small lightning streak that lasts for 2 seconds?

Dr. Jay Bradley
LASIK Surgery 18 years experience
Flashing lights: Flashing lights in the eyes with the lights out cound be a sign of retinal issues (tears, breaks, or detachment), migraine headache related, or other issues. You need to see an eye doctor as soon as possible for an evaluation.
Dr. Keshav Narain
Retinal Surgery 29 years experience
See an eye doc: You should see a doctor who will dilate your eyes for examination of the retina. Sometimes, sudden floaters may accompany or precede the development of a tear in the retina. A retinal tear can rapidly progress to a retinal detachment. The lightning streak occurs with traction or pulling on the retina. See a retinal specialist. Avoid retinal detachment.