a drawer fell on my big toe and now underneath the toe nail is blackish blueish, what should i do?

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology 19 years experience
It depends: What you describe is a black toenail or subungal hematoma. This can be extremely painful and there can be pressure under the nail from continued bleeding. Most of the time the pain and throbbing improves with rest & ice. The discoloration improves with time as the blood stained nail grows out. However, if the pressure/pain continues or gets worse the hematoma must be drained by a doctor.
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 46 years experience
Nothing: If it is not painful it will grow out. However if the color disturbs you a doctor can makeva tiny hole in the nail to release the blood.
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry 14 years experience
Xrays: Any crushing injury to the nail unit should be evaluated for fracture and depending on much involvement there is to the nail plate, this may need to be removed to inspect the nail bed and ensure there are no underlying lacerations.