i have a splinter on my hand that i got yesterday, i woke up today and its red around the splinter, ?

Dr. Holly Barth
Dr. Holly Barth answered
General Practice 9 years experience
Remove splinter: Your body senses a foreign object and is attacking the site. Try to get the splinter out with a clean tweezer if you can. If you notice the redness spreading or if there is fluid draining from the site, see your doctor to get this evaluated.
Dr. Donald Vierling
Wound Care 46 years experience
Also, make certain that your tetanus preventio is up to date. If pus is present, have a culture and sensitivity study done.
Feb 2, 2012
Dr. John Washburn
Local irritation: It's not common for infection to occur in such a short period of time. The redness is most likely a local immune response to the foreign body. If this worsens, spreads out or streaks or begins to drain then it should be seen.