I sufered from dislocatedshoulder which was diagnsoed by an MRI and an orthopedist, 2 month ago. I am going to rehab. It has started to hurt again and a lot worse. The therapist is not sure why. Why coult it be hurting again?

Dr. Dean Smith
33 years experience in Orthopedic Surgery
Dislocated shoulder: Unusual for a dislocated shoulder to be diagnosed with mri. In young person is typically caused by a high impact accident. Requires anesthesia to reduce. Is orthopaedic emergency and must be reduced within hours or cartilage dies. Once a young person has a dislocation the cup is disrupted and almost always requires surgery by shoulder surgeon to keep it from reoccurring.
Answered on Mar 26, 2013