will i need to have my wisdom teeth removed before getting braces?

Dr. Ajay Dhankhar
In many cases: It may be advisable to allow for room to move teeth if dealing with a jaw size tooth size discrepancy. Ask your orthodontist for recomendations.
Dr. Daniel Quon
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 42 years experience
Depends of treatment: If your wisdom teeth are indicated for removal, having them removed before getting braces may be easier for your recovery and for the surgeon. Gauze sponges have a way of getting hung on the orthodontic appliances. The recommendation for removal and timing for removal may be best determined by the orthodontist providing treatment for you, as well as the surgeon performing your surgery.