U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Sparks, NV
A 48-year-old male asked:

I have some hypertension around 150/102 and a lot of white coat also that spikes it really high. do i have my doc treat the 150/102 number?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 59 years experience
Yes you need treatme: With BP of 150/102 you need to be treated with salt restriction, dash diet and BP meds in my opinion you may be a candidate for 24 hours ambulatory BP monitoring if your doc feels.But150/102 needs to be treated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 13, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.