Carrollton, GA

Is the green tea coffee bean a legit resource to take in order to loose weight?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 41 years experience
May help some: Green tea and green coffee are different- both may help weight but I am guessing you are asking about green coffee extract since it is a "hot topic." research suggests green coffee extracts can have a modest effect in helping weight loss, but it is not magic and is no substitute for a healthy diet and exercise. See my comment for a link to a critical analysis of the research on this substance:.
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker commented
Holistic Medicine 41 years experience
Provided original answer
Jan 6, 2013
Dr. Michael Rothman
Overhyped: Green tea is the latest in a long line of overhyped nutritional products. Claims include weight loss, better health, longer life, better endurance. Do not believe the hype. Yes green tea contains some anti-oxidants and phytonutrients, but it still contains caffiene which is a stimulant and has diuretic properties. Too much green tea is not good for you.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017