do i have to wear bras if i have gotten breast implants?

Dr. Frederick Coville
Plastic Surgery 39 years experience
No: Although depending on your surgeon's preferences, you may be asked to wear a specifice type of bra during your early post-op period. I encourage my patients to go braless, very early on as it helps the implants settle into a natural position and it also helps in the necessary "bonding" with your new implants. The sooner you stop babying them, the sooner you will feel comfortable with them. Be well.
Dr. Otto Placik
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Depends: size & surg: This really will depend on the size of your implants and position ( under or over) as well as pre-existing conditions such as recurrent capsular contracture oruneven folds ( infra mammary sulcus dystopia) or congenital conditions such as tuberous or constricted breasts or precursor carintum ( pigeon chest). Although the vast majority of women going from an a to a c cup will not have to wear a bra, .
Dr. Joseph Mele
Plastic Surgery 32 years experience
Have to?: No one has to wear a bra; however, especially with larger implants, it makes sense to offer some support to your implants. The skin is an amazing organ, but big implants can be more than the skin can manage. In your case, i don't know. Best to ask your plastic surgeon about the pro's and con's.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
No: Not necessarily. On the contrary, many patients undergo breast augmentation surgery so that they can enjoy outfits without having to wear a bra to “pushup" their breasts.
Dr. John Walker
Plastic Surgery 26 years experience
Yes: Your breasts will be heavier after implantation, they will sag sooner if you do not wear a bra. I furthermore advise patients to wear a soft sports bra at night.