Can my genetic counselor that has conducted many test such as cf identify the father of my child?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental and Behavioral 51 years experience
Only if the putative: Biological fathers are available & cooperative can a physician (geneticist, ob, primary care) order comparative genomic hybridization & document medical necessity to try to get your insurance company to pay for part of the $2000/ test. Proprietary labs (e.g., 1-800-whosyourdaddy) are unreliable. If you're seeking child support, the guys may feel it's worth paying for their own & the baby's tests.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Provided original answer
I'll amend that to say " unless you get a court order that mandates genomic testing for the putative fathers," they must be available.."
Jan 5, 2013