i had unprotected sex. bf came multiple times. i'm under depo-provera provera (medroxyprogesterone) for 3 weeks now . should i take next choice pill to avoid pregnancy? orparanoid?

Dr. Douglas Lawson
28 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
I would: While Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) provides some protection the first month of use, i usually tell my patients to use a back up birth control the first month. The majority of true Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) failures i see are either unprotected sex the first month or getting the shot late or off cycle. If you were my patient i would offer you Plan B or another emergency contraception in this situation.
Answered on Jun 30, 2014