U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Monticello, IN
A 17-year-old female asked:

I have been having urinary tract infections almost every day for two months now. i don't drink caffeine and i stay away from breads. wat do i do?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Nephrology and Dialysis 41 years experience
Need a doctor eval: Uti in men is different than women. It needs a close look by a doctor to rule out stones an obstruction. You will need an ultrasound. Especially recurrent infection or difficult to treat, need a urologist attention. This is very important to guard against complications including kidney disease and infection.
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Nephrology and Dialysis 41 years experience
Need a doctor: Persistent UTI requires special attention and evaluation by a doctor, preferably a urologist. An ultrasound is needed to rule out stone disease and obstruction. This will diagnose and treat the problem and prevent complications like kidney disease or infection.
Last updated Mar 15, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.