Richmond, VA

how long does ringing in ears last after serous otitis media has cleared? i still have ringing after almost all of the fluid is gone, a little worried

Dr. Ashu Syal
Pediatric Nephrology and Dialysis 30 years experience
Timnitis: It does not seem to be the case. Either serous otitis not resolved completely or some other pathology. See a ENT specialist.
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Clinical Psychology 32 years experience
It can vary: It can take months sometimes, or maybe more, there is a great deal of individual variation. Avoiding stimulants like coffee, cigarettes, can help and some medications can also increase the tinnitus. If it is very bothersome it may be wise to discuss this with your doctor.
Dr. Gregg Friedman
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Gregg L. Friedman MD Psychiatrist Agrees
Jan 6, 2013