hi, i'm 55 yrs old. my doctor is treating me for otitis media. this episode is the 3rd. i noticed a lump in the neck. i'm worried! what do i have?

Dr. Alan Levine
33 years experience Pediatrics
Possibly............: Without examining you, it is difficult to know what this lump is, but i suspect that it is a swollen lymph node which has (properly) reacted to the infection. To be certain, your physician should evaluate this.
Answered on Dec 26, 2012
1
Dr. Terry Brenneman
44 years experience Pediatrics
Otitis media does not usually cause enlarged neck lymph glands. Otitis externa (infection of the ear canal) can, however. Usually with otitis externa it will hurt to pull on your ear or put your finger in it
Dec 26, 2012