A member asked:

Diagnosed w gerd and h. pylori. do i take ppi's for fees first and then later treat h. pylori? or ca

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

No: I am not sure if i understood the question correct, but you need to on one of the triple therapies for 10-14 days, once you are diagnosed with h.Pylori. The treatment consists of a ppi and 2 antibiotics all together for 10-14 days.

Answered 2/20/2020

6.3k views

Thank

Treat HP then GERD: I would recommend H pylori treatment first. In fact, H pylori induced abdominal pain can often be confused for GERD. To treat your H pylori, I presume your doctor prescribed 2-3 antibiotics in addition to a twice-a-day PPI. Complete this first, then if necessary resume the prior dose of PPI you were taking. If your symptoms persist, a test to confirm eradication of H pylori may be needed.

Answered 2/20/2020

3.8k views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more