i gave my boyfriend oral sex, he only had a few warts on his pubic/pelvis but not on his penis.is there still a chance of me contracting hpv? if so, would it only in the mouth? does sperm play a role?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Mike Moore
Yes.: You can contract hpv in our mouth or genitals from contact with the warts or surrounding tissue. Sperm or seminal fluid does not necessarily play a role. You can still transmit the virus to your genitals if you or your boyfriend touched there as well.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
Dr. Jeff Livingston
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Risky behavior: If your boyfriend has genital warts then he also has hpv. Putting your mouth on his genitals would put you at high risk of acquiring oral hpv. Hpv is transmitted by virus on the skin not via fluid like sperm.
Answered on Dec 22, 2012
Dr. John Geisler
26 years experience Gynecologic Oncology
HPV: Yes, you could still get hpv in your mouth, on your tongue, on your lips and in your throat. The role of sperm carrying hpv is not fully known.
Answered on May 15, 2014
4