Hudson Falls, NY

I have red bumps on the back of my mouth/throat, and it hurts to swallow. i did have a runny nose, and cough, but no longer do. what is this?

Dr. Robert Knox
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 37 years experience
Bumps in Throat: The red bumps are lymph follicles in the mucous membranes surrounding your throat. Any irritation, virus, or bacterial infection may cause these to enlarge after exposure. Unless the irritation is constant, the bumps will subside over time. If they stay enlarged, go see your doctor.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
Gt a strep test: You may be suffering from strep throat. See your doctor asap. It is very contageous. Get well.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016