i had an mri of my foot/ankle today as a follow-up to a talus injury-. i was face-down during the mri & the pain had me in tears. not normal is it?

Dr. David Wishnew
41 years experience Wound care
Injury: After injury, wounds form scar tissue. This band of tissue is tight and will require movement to loosen. Further, the talus needs to move so that the joint can be "lubricated". By immobilizing the joint during healing, the scar binds to surrounding tissue, and the immobile joint doesn't get lubricated. When prone, the foot position stretches the scar and moves the talar joint. This causes pain.
Answered on Apr 4, 2016
5