Low heart rate 47-57 at rest. have some spells of dizziness and balance. what should i do?

8 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Phil Zapanta answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

See your doctor: If you are wondering if your heart is causing your dizziness, you would need to know your blood pressure and your heart rate while you are in various body positions. Other questions include do you have chest pain or shortness of breath and what is your normal heart rate and blood pressure? I recommend that you see your doctor to address your question.

Answered 2/28/2013

5.4k views

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh answered

Specializes in Pediatric Allergy and Asthma

M.D. visit: You may have a cardiac condition. I would recommend that you be seen by your physician as soon as possible. They will order an EKG to help determine the next step. A Blood Pressure measurement lying down and standing should also be performed.

Answered 7/24/2015

3.2k views

Dr. Anita Prakash answered

Specializes in Cardiology

See a cardiologist : As your symptoms may be secondary to your heart rate, you need to see a cardiologist. Having said that, if you felt fine (that is, no lightheaded ness, dizzy, imbalance etc), a resting hr of 47-57 otherwise could be normal. Further, make sure your heart rate is not a side-effect of any hypertensive or other medicine you might be on first. Talk to your internist and see a cardiologist.

Answered 2/17/2015

3.2k views