When i had my pap & pelvic when the doc pressed down on my lower abdomen it was very tender. what does this mean, also she scheduled me a ultrasound ?

Dr. Leon Katz
Bariatrics 29 years experience
Fibroids : It is possible you have a fibroid on your uterus and the ultrasound is a good way to tell if it is there. Generally the fibroids are benign but can cause pain. Rarely they could be malignant but your gyn will further work this up.
Dr. Sudeepthi Prasad
See detailed answer: It depends on if she felt anything when she examined you, the organs in the lower abdomen are your uterus, ovaries, appendix and sigmoid colon. If you did not have any other problems and it was routine check, probably you are alright. Definitely follow up on the ultrasound.
Dr. John Geisler
Gynecologic Oncology 27 years experience
Pelvic pain: There are many possible reasons. An ultrasound would be to look for a cyst or mass on the ovary. Other reasons include endometriosis, infection, interstitial cystitis...

Last updated Jun 22, 2017