A member asked:

I have a prob of excess hair growth on my chin .waxing is not fruitful.i had my blood test done , n its hormonal disbalance. i m really upset what to ?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Joshua Fox answered

Specializes in Dermatology

This condition is called "hirsutism". Many women face this problem due to the hormonal imbalance. If your condition is only restricted to the face, laser therapy is viable option to provide a long lasting result. I would recommend go to an experienced dermatologist who is a laser specialist in your area. Since this can be considered as a cosmetic treatment your insurance will not cover for the treatment.

Answered Oct 24, 2017



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor