My wife is 19 years old. she is 15 week pregnant . we found her afp value is 18 lu/ml .please give me advice this in normal range?

Dr. Leon Baginski
38 years experience
Maybe: The AFP value interpretation is depended on a number of factors and the office that drew your wife's blood would get a result back that either states that the test is normal or elevated. You simply have to ask the office if that value was reported as normal or not because the labs never report just a number. They will always tell if that number is in the normal range or elevated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016