U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old female asked:

Am 21 years old .. i have a problem on my memory i can't remember good .. what medication should i have ?!

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine 19 years experience
Depends: You need to get evaluated for the reason of your memory issues. It may or may not require medications.
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology 16 years experience
See below: I would recommend discussing your symptoms face to face with you primary doctor, getting a work up from him and asking for a referral for an assessment of memory done either by a neurologist or a neuropsychologist. Get a complete evaluation, physical and neuropsychological and then discuss your options. Good luck!
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Hard to speculate: People preform at their worst in any way when sick, when they don't get enough restorative sleep, when their nutrition is not balanced & in unfamiliar settings. You need to start with what you can fix, and a checkup with your doc would be good. If nothing is found to explain your problem, additional testing with an educational psychologist would be reasonable. There is no "memory pill"

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 4, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.