I had rls only in my feet; now i have it in my hands as well. its awful! i've took neurotin. now, i take 1 mg of clonazepam at night, but it still happens at times. what should i do?

Dr. Eric Stansby
Emergency Medicine 26 years experience
RLS: Rls can be very debilitating. Working closely with your doctor to find the right combination of pain medications is key. He may want to send you to a neurologist and a pain clinic if your pain can not be controlled.
Dr. Kira Stein
Get Labs/consult: Rls is not uncommonly associated with low iron and ferritin levels. Have your internist check these levels and replace your iron if they are low, and find out why your iron is low. Don't take extra iron on your own though. There are other medications, too that can be helpful. You may want to consult with a sleep specialist (usually a pulmonologist, psychiatrist or neurologist).
Dr. Sanjay Agarwal
Pulmonology 26 years experience
Treat right: Neurontin or clonazepam, both are not the first line treatment of rls. In fact Clonazepam is given for plmd not rls. If indeed it is rls, and should be confirmed by the quartet of symptoms, treatment is the 'right' dose of Mirapex (pramipexole) or ropirinole.. You already have accentuation of symptoms, it appears.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016