U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 56-year-old male asked:

I keep getting rashes all over my body very itchy now it is on my head coming up in lumps seems to get worse in winter and on my shins i will scratch?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
See a doctor: Eruptions of this nature may be infective, allergic, non-infectious inflammatory and even rarely due to underlying malignancies. Working out the cause for these may take a prolonged investigation by an experienced clinician. See your pcp and if they cannot handle this they may refer you to a dermatologist or allergist. Good luck.
Dr. Marvin Den
Internal Medicine 46 years experience
Sounds like hives: See your doctor. If it is hives he can tell you what the best medicine to take is.
Last updated May 1, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.