NC

i am experiencing soreness or burning inside of mouth and itchy rash on my leg, i believe i may have gotten poison ivy on my leg and scratched it before noticing what it was and maybe i got it on my mouth. anything i can do to help relieve my mouth?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Drug reaction?: Only thing I can think of affecting both the mouth and the skin would be a drug reaction. Was there a new drug introduced within 2 weeks prior to onset ? I suspect that they are unrelated since poison ivy does not cause mouth problem unless you are chewing it . For sore mouth, try switching to Biotene toothpaste. For the skin, topical hydrocortisone . See allergist if not better.

Last updated Aug 27, 2017