Columbus, OH

why do i feel like something is blocking when i go to poop? it feels like my poop has to go through a narrow passage to be able to come out.

Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 39 years experience
Maybe it does...: Is this new for you? Have you had testing that distinguishes a "slow transit" system, or tests that suggest inflammation (like crohn's, ulcerative colitis), infection, stenosis (the narrow passage you mentioned), extrinsic impression against the gut, pregnancy, etc.? Do you have irritable bowel syndrome? Sounds like a medical evaluation is in order--please see your doctor.