Italy

I'm 19 and i've 2 lumps in my breast; it's tender and painful.i've been referred to a clinic where i recently found a lump atthe side of my neck too. could it be cancer?

Dr. Barry Rosen
General Surgery 34 years experience
One in a Million: An overwhelming majority of breast lumps in teenagers are benign tumors, called fibroadenomas. The lump in your neck is probably a lymph node that has been present for awhile but aware to you now due to your breast findings. When you are seen in the clinic, they will likely order a painless test (an ultrasound) and refer you to a breast specialist to seek out their opinion.
Dr. Terry Brenneman
Not likely: At your age a cancer is unlikely. But, it is important to go to the clinic you were referred to. Infection is more likely.
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgical Oncology 17 years experience
Probably not: It would be very rare for a 19 year old to develop breast cancer.

Last updated Mar 28, 2015