U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

I have red, scaly, itchy spots on the top of my feet and around my ankles and i can't figure out what it is?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Gurvis
Podiatry 46 years experience
Fungus: The most likely answer is a tinea pedis, or fungus infection. But it can be as far ranging as psoriasis or many other skin conditions. Lichen planus comes to mind. If over the counter anti fungals do not work, you should see your podiatrist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 23, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.