Bainbridge Island, WA

I have a cut on the bottom of my foot, i put a bandaid on it. later that day i took off the bandaid. i see that there is a big red itchy spot.

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Hematoma: Probable organized blood under the skin and skin irritation. Ice application may reduce further swelling and use of topical antibiotics may help irritation for such symptoms. Diabetics may see a doctor as serious infections could occur.
Dr. Bret Boyle
Wound care 29 years experience
Adhesive reaction: If the shape of the red, itchy spot is close to the shape of the bandaide, then this is most likely an allergic reaction to the adhesive. If you applied an ointment to the cut, it could also be a reaction to that as well. Unless your cut was dirty and not cleansed well, it is less likely to be infection developing that quickly. Blister bandages use a different adhesive and could work well.

Last updated May 4, 2015