my boyfriend and i were together every day for 4 yrs and now we are long distance, how can i handle this?

Dr. Ely Pelta
Long distance love: Use skype, face time, letters, email, and phone. It will stress the relationship but if it endures it is a measure of how strong you guys are.
Dr. Robert Woods
Handle With Care: In the words of thomas haynes bayly (1844), "absence makes the heart grow fonder." in long distance relationships communication is key. Be romantic and exchange love letters. Avail yourselves of modern technology using such things as facetime or skype. Send each other care packages filled with favorite items. It is important to know that your separation is finite. Know when you will meet again.
Dr. Susan Feingold
Clinical Psychology 29 years experience
Sounds difficult: That sounds like a difficult situation, particularly if it's not temporary. Hopefully you have maintained your friendships which can provide a level of support, and you have other ways to cope, such as exercise, creative interests, etc. It is a loss and it may take time to adjust to your new arrangement. Talking with a therapist may be helpful as well.