what is wrong with my pinky toe it bends in its swollen, purple and hot to touch it is on the outer side of the toe not or near the nail?

2 doctor answers
Dr. David Hettinger
36 years experience Podiatry
Could be...: An infection or a broken toe. See a podiatrist for exam, diagnosis and treatment.
Answered on Dec 1, 2012
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
28 years experience Podiatry
I would recommend : You see a foot doc. Swelling can indicate infection, contusion, gout, fracture. The purple color can be bruising, venous blood congestion...Amongst other things. A foot doc looking and examining the foot would be able to narrow the diagnosis and offer a definitive treatment plan.
Answered on Jan 2, 2015
2