Recently had a tummy tuck. did the surgery to remove a hematoma. but was still bleeding from the wound weeks after surgery. now i have an infection.?

7 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Hashim Alani answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Tummy tuck?: That is not the usual outcome. Go back to your plastic surgeon.

Answered 11/29/2012

5.5k views

Dr. Richard Tholen answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Not good!: This is neither normal, nor something that can be commented on properly by an online consultant. See your surgeon, or obtain another opinion by an abps-certified plastic surgeon, especially if your first surgeon is not abps-certified or is not intimately involved with resolving your present issues. Best wishes!

Answered 4/6/2016

5.5k views

Dr. Azita Madjidi answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

Not necessarily : Some of that hematoma may still be there and is liquefied. It may be finding its way out. You need to keep the area very clean and apply an antibiotic ointment daily. If there is fever, chills, redness or swelling, you will need to see your surgeon.

Answered 2/23/2013

5.3k views

Dr. John Di Saia answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Sorry to hear....: I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Stay close to your surgeon's office until this problem is resolved. Good luck. :).

Answered 10/24/2017

5.2k views

Dr. Tom Pousti answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Complications.: I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced after tummy tuck surgery. Although these types of complications are rare, they can occur; most important to successful resolution will be close follow-up with your plastic surgeon, who is in the best position to diagnose and treat any other “issues” that may arise. Best wishes.

Answered 2/26/2020

5.2k views