i get foot and hand cramps, i might have dystonia. what tests will a neurologist do to diagnose. age 23 male?

Dr. Brett Fink
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Examine you: Dystonia is a class of movement disorders characterized by involuntary movements, tremors, or spasms. The causes of these disorders include medications, genetics, or degenerative or traumatic brain injuries. The most important test that your neurologist will do is a careful physical exam. Tests in addition to this should be considered only they improve your treatment in some way.