why is my left foot and ankle so swollen.have vericos veins and looks purpleish down foot .had cramp on inside of lft thigh.hands and legs get numb.

Dr. M. Hytham Beck
General Surgery 43 years experience
Vein problems: you are having vein problems beside your varicoses vein,your deep vein system is not working as good as it supposed to be,that why you are having the swelling and the discoloration. you need to wear knee high pressure stocking all the time,you can takes them off while you are in bed and while you are keeping your legs elevated. avoid long standing,and sitting,walk frequently.and keep your legs up.
Dr. Lee Wittenberg
Podiatry 21 years experience
This problem is called Venous Insufficiency. There are several ways to deal with the problem. One is with Diuretics (water pills) to alleviate stress on the veins. 2nd is compression stockings. 3rd is to visit a cardiovascular surgeon who specializes in veins, and there are relatively non-invasive procedures to re-route the blood to healthier veins by collapsing the veins that are not working.
Apr 23, 2015
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Vascular Surgery 42 years experience
Veins: may be due to the varicose veins with associated blood pooling be evaluated by a vascular surgeon