how will finding support from friends and family help with my mental health?

Dr. Donald Hazlett
In several ways: First, you would not have to be alone dealing with it. Second, we generally are not good at seeing ourselves objectively, caring family members can help us with that. So can good friends. They may even be more objective and honest than family at times. Pick your friends wisely. If you do need to get professional help family and friends can be great support systems in that process.
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Stress can mental : If u have enough family and friends support it can relieve some of u stress.