Why is smoking addictive?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine 25 years experience
Dopamine: Dopamine is the main pleasure chemical in the brain, basically all drugs that can be addictive raise Dopamine levels in the brain including nicotine. Dopamine levels go up, feel good, levels go down feel bad. With addiction it takes more drug such as nicotine to raise levels with time and levels of Dopamine run out quicker. Thus more drug is needed, more frequently to get the Dopamine boost.
Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 35 years experience
Nicotine addiction: Addiction to smoking occurs because of a substance in tobacco called nicotine, which is absorbed in the bloodstream as smoke passes through the lungs by inhalation. As a psychoactive drug, nicotine acts as a stimulant that causes the liver to release glucose, and the brain's adrenal medulla to release adrenaline. Smoking makes them feel relaxed and alert at the same time, and feel euphoria.
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
I'm not sure what : I'm not sure what "this" is. I think you need to clarify what you are afraid might lead to a smoking addiction.
Dr. Yash Khanna
It is addictive: Smoking nicotine cigarettes is very addictive and smoking Marijuana is also addictive