My knees have started turning red and itchy and the tops of my feet in a red like from big toe to ankle- symmetrical, what's going on?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Shaym Puppala answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

For a proper diagnosis, it really is necessary to be seen; nothing beats a physical exam and obtaining a full history. In the case you describe, it really is necessary; red rashes in the lower extremities can be a sign of infection (e.g. Cellulitis, which is serious and needs treatment immediately), contact dermatitis (such as poison ivy), eczema, psoriasis, and a variety of other problems.

Answered Mar 16, 2013

6.1k views