can a fever seizure affect mental ability in a 2 year old he is seeing things that are not there and has no appitite?

Yes & no: The fever itself can distort the sensations a kid will talk about & the higher the fever the more bizarre the visual images in some. The seizure by itself has transient effects in kids this age & they generally don't describe remembering what goes on during a seizure.If their visual perception varies shortly after an event, the issue would be transient, if at all.
Dr. William Singer
Pediatric Neurology 51 years experience
Simple febrile seizu: A simple febrile seizure, is usually not associated with any negative consequences. However, what has been called a complex febrile seizure, is a different disorder, actually epilepsy precipitated by fever or illness. You should speak to your pediatrician about what type of seizure your child had. this will give you an opportunity to discuss your other concerns.