Mexico

I had a septoplasty and turbinoplasty 3 weeks ago and i'm still feeling very congested - almost the same as i was before. is it normal after?

Dr. Phil Zapanta
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 21 years experience
This is normal: This is likely due to post operative swelling and mucus. I typically tell my patients don't expect total improvement until all this resolves. Depending on the patient, this may take up to 1 month.
Dr. Richard Tholen
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
Certainly can be!: Swelling and congestion can last for weeks or longer, and you shouldn't even blow your nose for the first 3-4 weeks! this will continue to improve as time goes by, but in rare cases revision surgery can be necessary. Be patient and continue to follow-up with your surgeon!
Dr. Janet Turkle
Plastic Surgery 35 years experience
Yes: It can take up to several months for the swelling to resolve after this process. Hang in there!

Last updated Oct 4, 2016