Afghanistan

why did they give stool softener pill plus milk magnesia. and how do i have bm if pelvis fracture?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Avoid constipation: Pelvic fractures can lead to slowing of peristaltic movement of colon, which controls bowel movements. Bed rest and pain medications are often the only initial treatment for pelvic fractures; these two markedly slow down normal colon movements. Do whatever necessary to get those bowels moving: drinks lots fluids, including prune juice, stool softener, fiber combined with fluid, senna, mom...
Dr. Richard Perlman
Orthopedic Surgery 58 years experience
Avoid constipation: They gave you those meds to prevent constipation and so that you won't have to strain when you have a bowel movement. The pelvic fracture will make it harder to have a bm, but the action is the same. Do you have grab bars or an elevated toilet seat? These might help.